DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
RN Transplant Coordinator
Texas Transplant Institute - Liver Clinic
Full Time - Day Shift - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Liver Clinic. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an RN Transplant Coordinator - Abdominal who is a professional registered nurse that performs a variety of clinical services and patient care activities in collaboration with a multidisciplinary healthcare team to ensure the smooth flow of the transplant evaluation and post-transplant care process. The coordinator works with patients and their families beginning with the evaluation for transplantation and continuing through and after transplantation in a compassionate and tactful manner in order to facilitate access to and provide continuity of care.
What you will do in this role:
1. Assessments: Performs appropriate assessments to include psychological, physical, environmental and functional needs
2. Education: Provides patient and family education specific to the patient’s disease process. Serves as a resource for education for patient, family, staff, hospital and community.
3. Communication: Communicates with all members of the transplant team to include hospital staff and referring physician/staff
4. Data Collection: Participates in the collection/entry of data in the patient medical record as required by all regulatory agencies
5. Documentation: Documents assessments, interventions and follow-up accurately and timely
6. Coordination of care through the phases of transplantation with the transplant team as follows:
Pre Transplant Phase
1. Assures the performance of necessary studies to determine a patient’s candidacy
2. Responsible for the educational process for both patient and family
3. Participates in the evaluation and patient selection process
4. Monitors patient status throughout work-up and listing
5. Participates in the process for patient preparation for transplantation surgery 6. Responsible for data collection/entry/management for all regulatory agency requirements
1. Assumes lead in directing responsibility of the education to patient and family
2. Participates in clinical rounding that includes monitoring quality and adverse changes
3. Maintains communication with all the multi-disciplinary team
4. Acts as the resource person regarding transplantation for all staff
5. Monitors ongoing plan of care and implements changes accordingly
6. Prepares patients for discharge and outpatient follow-up
7. Communicates with referring physicians as indicated for continuity of care
8. Responsible for communication from inpatient to outpatient clinical continuity of care
9. Responsible for continuing data collection/entry/management for all regulatory agency requirements
Post Transplant Phase
1. Monitor and follow all diagnostic studies
2. Evaluate health status as per clinical protocol
3. Communicate and coordinate any patient issues/concerns to the appropriate transplant team member
4. Continues educational process to patient and family members
5. Provides patient care under the direction of the transplant physician
6. Responsible for data collection/entry/management for all regulatory agency requirements
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now