SHIFT: Weekends Only
Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant
Mental Health Technician II
Full Time - Weekends - Nights(7pm to 7am)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Behavioral Health department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Mental Health Tech II to join our team who is an integral part of the nursing team and is directly responsible to the Registered Nurse. This position performs routine care of psychiatric patients and performs additional unit tasks according to knowledge, ability, and duties assigned.
What you will do in this role:
- Takes vital signs, patient weights, performs ancillary blood glucose testing, documents results in the medical record and reports results to nursing. Maintains accurate Intake and Output, calorie counts and collection of urine drug screens.
- Serves and collects food trays, water carafes and nourishments. Feeds patients as necessary. Assists patients with activities of daily living such as bathing, shaving, and oral care. Answers patient call lights and assists with lifting and transporting.
- Observes patients every 15 – 30 minutes and documents findings on observation record. Performs room safety survey every shift and provides 1 to 1 observation as assigned.
- Leads a community or activity group and reports patient participation to RN.
- Performs contraband searches. Identifies and intervenes with safe and effective techniques on patients to avoid escalation of undesirable or unacceptable behavior which eminently poses as a threat to self or others. Accompanies patients on activities such as smoke breaks, on site and off site procedures or testing and to court hearings.
- In addition to routine Behavioral Health Tech duties consistently performs, as assigned, a minimum of one of the following additional duties: Unit Secretary and Assistant Activity Therapist.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the psychiatric field or has trained as a Unit Secretary or Assistant Activity Therapist.
- Two to four years college in a related field will be accepted in lieu of experience or training requirement.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.