DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital South
Radiology Department / Clinical Technicians
FT - Days - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Radiology Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Mammography/Xray Tech to join our team who will be responsible for obtaining views for mammography. Duties include retrieval of films, proper operation of mammography equipment, film development and room preparation. Follows compliance standards for mammography with MQSA, ACR, FDA, JCAHO, Medicare and Medicaid.
What you will do in this role:
1. Responsible for the proper positioning and obtaining necessary views and compression for Mammography, label mammograms performed as required by ACR and documents breast exam findings, history, and previous films if any.
2. Responsible for the proper use of computer system (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
4. Must insure that all necessary paperwork for patient contact before and after examinations is completed properly, mailed and tracked.
5. Will demonstrate the ability to assess a situation considers alternatives and chooses an appropriate course of action.
6. Coordinate the test and treatment of each patient with the appropriate personnel, i.e. Surgeon, Radiologist, Attending Physician, Laboratory. etc.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: One of the following:
A. Certificate of training from a Radiologic Technology Program
B. Associates of Science or higher in Radiologic Technology
2. Experience: none required
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Previous experience in the hospital role
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (M) certification
2. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
In July 2017, South Texas Regional Medical Center became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family, the most preferred and respected healthcare provider in the area. With this change of ownership, we are now known as Methodist Hospital South. Even though our name has changed, the heart of our hospital remains; it just got a little bigger. The foundation we now stand on is faith-based and driven by our commitment to “Serving Humanity to Honor God”.
The clinical team at Methodist Hospital South is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion to their work. Our 67 bed hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, is a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award, designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center, and is in pursuit of Level IV trauma designation. Our maternal newborn center has been recognized with a Level I Maternal & Neonatal designation and participates in the TexasAIM, Baby Friendly and Texas 10 Step programs. Acute care services include our Emergency Department, Medical/Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Labor & Delivery, 3 Operating Rooms and an Endoscopy suite. Diagnostic and outpatient services include Tele-Neurology, Imaging, Laboratory, Cardiopulmonary and Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapies. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now