SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
The Summer I Residency start date is Monday, 6 July 2020. All new graduate nurses are invited to attend the Meet & Greet Hiring Event on Friday, 17 April 2020 from 9-2 pm at the Norris Conference Center.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your nursing career in our RN Residency Program. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
Critical factors to your success include:
- Understanding the role of the RN in direct patient care at the bedside within the Methodist Healthcare System.
- Provide safe, compassionate and coordinated patient-centered care within the staffing model established for the patient population served.
- Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect and shared decision making to achieve quality patient care and outcomes.
- Provide safe care while following system processes, regulatory requirements and outcome data.
- Utilize information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- You should be a graduate of an accredited associates or baccalaureate Degree from a professional nursing program
- If you have a BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing that is preferred
- You should also have a current RN License in the State of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License, or GN Permit. (Employees with an RN Multi-State Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
- BLS Certification required -AHA or Red Cross
At Methodist Healthcare we are recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas community because of our outstanding team of nurses, medical professionals and physicians. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. The Methodist Healthcare New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is focused on the application of nursing knowledge and skills needed for fluency in transitioning to nursing practice in the respective settings. The programs include clinical practicum with an assigned qualified preceptor and systematic instruction. Residency programs are available at the following facilities:
- Methodist Children’s Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
- Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
- Methodist Texsan Hospital
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
- Northeast Methodist Hospital
Residency programs are offered in the following specialties:
- Critical & Monitored Care
- Medical – Surgical
- Newborn Intensive Care
- Labor & Delivery
- Telemetry/Intermediate Care
- Pediatric & Pediatric Intensive Care
- Perioperative (available to both experienced and newly licensed RNs)
For more information, please visit our website at https://joinmethodist.com/jobs-methodist-clinical-nurse-residency/
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our recruiters. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.