SHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant
Certified Medical Assistant
Liver Clinic – Texas Transplant Institute
Full Time – Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Liver Clinic. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to join our team who will perform diversified clinical and administrative support duties for the outpatient organ failure/organ transplantation program. The Medical Assistant Transplant will utilize skills in performing technical skills and support skills for the nursing staff in order to care for the patient in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will do in this role:
- Performs routine duties in caring for outpatient clinic patients as directed by the Registered Nurse and is able to demonstrate appropriate skills and/or competencies.
- Screens and collects data from patients, including patient histories. Assists with patient discharge preparations as instructed by RN. Reports and documents pertinent information such as vital signs, weights.
- Calls and/or faxes prescription refills to the pharmacy following office protocols and/or after approval from physician. Retrieves medication from pharmacy and transports to the clinic as directed by the RN.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times.
- Performs Electrocardiograms, Non-invasive hemodynamic testing, vital signs, weights, phlebotomy, injections, removes sutures/staples, simple dressing changes (clean and dry, sterile), assist with sterile procedures, simple, non-sterile dressings, and removes peripheral IV’s, records response to treatments and reports pertinent information to appropriate RN. Obtains and labels specimens from wounds, Guiac stool specimens, Urine and sputum collection in cups, blood collection and transports specimens to lab as directed.
- Provides assistance to other nursing personnel as needed. Assists with the orientation of new personnel as appropriate. Runs errands, stocks examination rooms, maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, and triage area on a daily basis. Performs other duties as delegated by the RN
- Prepares charts and orders for patient’s upcoming clinic visit. Assist with clerical duties as assigned, including medical records correspondence, scheduling procedures, and collecting testing reports for RN to review and coordinating patient testing for transplant evaluations. Will assist in other clerical duties such as answering telephone calls, pages. Medical assistant will triage messages appropriately to the RN
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-3 years in the medical field as a Medical Assistant or Certified Nurse Aide required.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Required: one of the following: Certified Nurse Aide or Medical Assistant Certification
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.