DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
ECMO Coordinator, RN
ECMO Department/Clinical Specialist & Professionals
FT - Days - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our ECMO Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an ECMO Coordinator, RN who has the ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other providers and disciplines and providing education to patients. Performs specialized and advanced nursing tasks. Understands the principles and benefits of performance improvement as it relates to the mission and operation of the organization. Communicates clearly and proficiently both orally and in writing at a level necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Establishes good rapport and working relationships with all health team members and assists co-workers willingly. Role models professionalism within nursing as evidenced by active involvement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates strong team work and stress management and is seen as an expert resource person to the health care team. Consistently utilizes critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, delegation and leadership in providing or overseeing patient care. Provides orientation and training to new staff. Provides advanced clinical guidance and information to other staff members regarding complex clinical issues/cases. Participates in workload measurement and performance indicators for nursing. Collaborates with providers and patients to ensure that appropriate management, referrals, and responses to inquiries are provided. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others who are under his/her direction. Demonstrates expert technical skills, leadership, problem solving and knowledge. Job responsibilities fall within the 5 pillars that encompass Methodist Excellence, the service excellence model: Finance, Growth, Service, People, Quality and Safety.
1. Manages all the procedures and equipment involved in the care of the patient on ECMO and/or care of the ECMO circuit. Responds appropriately to emergency situations concerning the ECMO system. Demonstrates appropriate management of systemic heparinization during ECMO. Assesses patient status throughout the ECMO run. Fosters positive collaborative relationships between ECMO clinicians and all members of the health care team. Regular attendance at required ECMO wet labs and Specialist meetings (quarterly wet labs & 80% of meetings).
2. Completes thorough patient assessments. Documents the patient’s response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms, emotional needs and assessment / reassessment of pain. Analyzes assessment data in determining patient problems/nursing diagnoses.
3. Incorporates family into plan of care and documents a plan of care that is individualized for each patient. Identifies individual goals and readiness to learn. Collaborates with all disciplines to attain patient goals.
4. Maintains current knowledge to assure a safe working environment and demonstrating practical application of all policies and procedures relative to safety and infection control. This includes using: personal protective wear, good hand hygiene, and adhering to sharps safety procedures.
5. Maintains an orderly, efficient and timely flow of patients. Completes assignments accurately and on time.
6. Administers medications and treatments safely using 2 patient identifiers and the 7 rights of medication administration. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences and analyzes contributing factors.
7. Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Serves as a leader to nursing personnel in implementing nursing care based on patient’s needs, staff competencies, licensure and circumstantial/procedural complexities.
Minimum Education and Experience: Two years as PICU or NICU RN.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Graduate of a nursing program:
diploma, associate or baccalaureate degree. Completion of ECMO Specialist Course.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Valid and Current Texas License - Registered Nurse
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now