SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Full Time - Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pharmacy Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Pharmacy Technician II (Compounding) to join our team who will perform duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and assists in the processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices. . He/she demonstrates skill in sterile compounding preparation which may include hazardous drug preparation (chemo certification training).
What you will do in this role:
- Accurately fills medication orders in the pharmacy. Accurately and safely compounds and labels medications and parenteral admixtures. Compounding of Sterile Preparations may include chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition with demonstrated competencies. Accurately performs required calculations. Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding. Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or delivering any medication. Processes medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy. Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned. Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas while maintaining proper storage and security of medications throughout the organization.
- Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and in a timely manner. Troubleshoots ADC issues; able to re-configure ADCs and perform build and set up functions. Under direction, will adjust medication min/max PAR levels. Provides basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems. Performs all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system which may include: patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fill lists, print labels, and billing inquiry
- Accurately performs routine manufacturing and prepackaging maintaining accurate and complete record logs. Ensures that a pharmacist checks all work. Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders. Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered, shortages, overages and damaged product. Assists in management of drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identified opportunities to minimize waste. Assists the purchasing agent/department by ensuring that all expired and recalled medications are removed from inventory and stored in the appropriate area. Restocks shelves in respective areas and orders via the pharmacy want book.
- Identifies critical issues, prioritizes workload and communicates to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel in a polite and respectful manner.
- Performs unit/area inspections as well as expiration date checking when scheduled and submits appropriate documentation when completed. . Prepares all work records needed for the day including USP 797 cleaning documentation, batch logs, census reports, outdate reports and unload reports. Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per department procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Completion of a course sponsored by an ACPE provider which provides 40 hours of instruction and experience and meets Texas Board of Pharmacy requirements to compound sterile products. Training may be obtained through completion of a recognized course in an accredited College of Pharmacy or a course sponsored by an ACPE accredited provider.
What qualifications you will need:
- Hospital experience and one year minimum sterile compounding experience preferred.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: ONE of the following:
- Current Registered Pharmacy Technician by the State Board of Pharmacy
- Intern Certification with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world’s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital.
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates
will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your
application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.