DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers
RN Supervisor, Radiology
Radiology Department/Management & Supervision
FT - Days - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Radiology Department department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an RN Supervisor, Radiology to join our team who is in possession of advanced leadership skills and is responsible for the coordination of nursing department operations for all shifts and facilities. In this leadership role, the Nurse Supervisor promotes collaboration among all members of the interdisciplinary team, is a resource person to the patient care team, and facilitates patient care delivery and timeliness of service. She/he role models and promotes STRIC Standards of Conduct while providing for an optimal patient care and work environment. She/he promotes excellent customer service and prevents and/or resolves conflict. The Nurse Supervisor makes appropriate patient care assignments and is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their supervision; in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, STRIC policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). In the absence of the Nurse Director, the Nurse Supervisor makes department decisions in collaboration with members of senior leadership.
What you will do in this role:
1. Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies and formulates an appropriate staff assignment plan that addresses acuity, competency of staff and staff mix of licensed staff.
2. Functions as the primary decision maker for clinical operations during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/ mix according to the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
3. Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
4. Serves as primary resource for the nursing department and other members of the team.
Responsible for the nursing department in the absence of the Nursing Director. Makes decisions, after consulting with the appropriate individuals, for continued nursing department operations in the absence of the Nursing Director.
5. Demonstrates successful conflict resolution in a timely manner with patients, families and other healthcare team members.
6. Consistently demonstrates STRIC standards of conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. She/he holds staff accountable for the same. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules, regulations or the Standards of Conduct itself.
7. Responsible for projects/processes that are essential to the success of the nursing department.(Complete performance diaries, maintain statistical data, time and attendance)
Minimum Education and Experience:
Education: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
* RNs hired as of 01/01/2013 that do not have a BSN upon hire must do all of the following:
1. Enroll in a BSN or higher degree nursing program within two years of hire date and submit documentation to the Nursing Director.
2. Complete the BNS or higher degree nursing program within five years of hire date.
Note: Verification of high school graduation/ GED is required for those who completed nursing diploma programs.
Experience: At least 2 years of direct care experience as a Registered Nurse with one year in specialty.
One year management experience preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Must be licensed as a RN in the state of Texas. Must have CPR certification, ACLS, BLS Instructor Certification.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services in San Antonio, Texas. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 60 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-one facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in San Antonio. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now