DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
RN Lactation Consultant
Women's Place Department/Registered Nurses (Direct Patient Care)
Full Time, Non-Exempt
***Day shift coverage during week; must have weekend availability***
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Women's Place Department Name department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an RN Lactation Consultant who is a member of the healthcare team who is knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced in lactation and breastfeeding management. He/she applies the nursing process and oversees the provision of education, assistance and support to breastfeeding mothers and their infants to attain a successful breastfeeding relationship in accordance with the patient’s goals. Delivers nursing care according to the standards of care defined within the American Nurses Association and the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
What you will do in this role:
1. Establishes priorities based on the individual needs of the breastfeeding mother, infant, child and family.
2. Presents current evidence-based information on breastfeeding issues to empower women to make informed decisions, learn the skills to successfully initiate and maintain lactation and to overcome obstacle to breastfeeding, thus enhancing maternal role satisfaction.
3. Evaluates breastfeeding process with mother/infant dyad, develops and implements a feeding plan based on the individual needs and goals of the breastfeeding mother/infant including evaluation of outcomes and appropriate follow-up. Modifies the recommended feeding plan based on the evaluation of outcomes.
4. Provides written instructions and information to reinforce and enhance verbal and demonstrated teaching. Documents the evaluation, plan, interventions and outcomes appropriately.
5. Communicates effectively with the breastfeeding mother and significant others using age and audience appropriate language/teaching materials.
6. Serves as consultant for physicians and other healthcare providers concerning lactation issues to achieve optimal patient care outcomes. Provides professional leadership and advanced knowledge in the practice of lactation management. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with patients, staff, physicians and community services supportive of breastfeeding families.
QualificationsMinimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Enroll in a BSN or higher degree nursing program within two years of hire date and submit documentation to facility CNO2. Complete the BSN or higher degree nursing program within five years of hire dateNote: Verification of high school graduation/GED is required for those who completed nursing diploma programs.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now