DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career and submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, is responsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital owned equipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution. Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners etc. Requisitions replacement parts as needed. Identifies issues and uses problem solving skills to make a sound decision for repair.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, must work under normal day-to-day conditions with very limited to no supervision, as well as under emergency conditions that require all equipment function as normal. Has a high proficiency of knowledge gained through on the job experience. Likely to act as an informal team lead, coordinating work for/with others, but not as a supervisor. The Maintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, may perform other duties of a special nature as directed by supervision staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Respond to all trouble calls in the hospital
2. Performs repairs on non-medical equipment, i.e. dietary, environmental service equipment, beds, plumbing, lighting and HVAC.
3. Performs preventive maintenance on non-medical equipment such as air handling units, dish machine and exhaust fans.
4. Restarts and shut down chillers and boilers.
5. Responsible for implementation and coordination of fire drills. Member of hospital fire response team.
6. Documentation of regulatory requirements e.g. The Joint Commission, Texas Department of Health and Human Services, etc.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma and one year technical school or equivalent preferred. Associate’s Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
2. Experience: Training and experience: must have 7 or more years’ experience in a related job or equal in training and on the job training, with at least 5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This may be obtained within six months of hire)
2. Preferred: Electrical; Plumbing; or Refrigeration License
Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates
will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your
application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.