SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for
healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced,
patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Respiratory Therapy
department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
What you will do in this role:
- Operate and set up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
- Provide emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Collect and analyze arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Follow physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
- Monitor patients response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
- Consult with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient’s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patients plan of care.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program (Required)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the department.
In July 2017, South Texas Regional Medical Center became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family, the most preferred and respected healthcare provider in the area. With this change of ownership, we are now known as Methodist Hospital Atascosa. Even though our name has changed, the heart of our hospital remains; it just got a little bigger. The foundation we now stand on is faith-based and driven by our commitment to “Serving Humanity to Honor God”.
The clinical team at Methodist Hospital Atascosa is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion to their work. Our 67 bed hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, is a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award, designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center, and is in pursuit of Level IV trauma designation. Our maternal newborn center has been recognized with a Level I Maternal & Neonatal designation and participates in the TexasAIM, Baby Friendly and Texas 10 Step programs. Acute care services include our Emergency Department, Medical/Surgical Unit, Intensive Care Unit, Labor & Delivery, 3 Operating Rooms and an Endoscopy suite. Diagnostic and outpatient services include Tele-Neurology, Imaging, Laboratory, Cardiopulmonary and Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapies. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.