SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for Methodist Hospital Stone Oak to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or
baccalaureate degree registered nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of
Science in Nursing (BSN preferred) and/or certification in your specialty
area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN
III or IV positions
- Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a
licensed Registered Nurse
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas
or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are
required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- 20 bed Intensive Care Unit
- 2:1 patient to nurse ratio
- Caring for a variety of ICU patients with a focus on open heart
- Stroke Certified Unit
- Collaborate closely with the Eye Bank and Tissue and Organ Alliance
- The culture on this unit includes a strong sense of teamwork, support, education, empowerment, and fun!
- The team is proud to actively precept nursing students from several institution, most of whom graduate and return to the team as an RN
Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital
where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined,
energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most
modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency
care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology,
neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke
Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the
Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care
Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to
the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic
surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally
invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train
under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally
recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as
one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized
as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by
Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist
Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star
rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and
select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.