SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is licensed for 179 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures.
Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
The Surgical Technologist assists with the delivery of quality surgical care through planning and anticipating the surgeon/procedure needs and coordinating with the circulating perioperative nurse during surgical procedures. Demonstrates competency in surgical technology; includes gathering and preparing sterile supplies, preparing/maintaining the sterile field, and assisting the surgeon by supplying sterile instruments to the sterile field. Performs routine scrub roles, as well as specifically delegated department duties. Consistently follows current AORN and regulatory standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans for and obtains the equipment and supplies needed for assigned procedures according to physicians' preference and specific patient needs.
- Prepares equipment and supplies according to manufacturer's recommendations and specifications for uses during surgical procedures. Opens sterile packs according to established aseptic techniques and protocols.
- Monitors sterile field during procedure and takes appropriate measures to insure integrity of sterile field
- Prepares medications and solutions for use during procedures under the direction of the Registered Nurse
- Maintains accountability for instruments according to hospital policy throughout the surgical procedure to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in the surgical wound. Takes appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Consistently follows safety procedures for Timeout and when handling sharp instruments, powered equipment, hazardous chemicals, and lasers.
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an surgical technologist program
B. 1 year of experience in a hospital setting as a surgical technologist prior to 9/1/2009.
- CERTIFIED: Must have and maintain ONE of the following:
A. CST – Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (formally the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist)
B. TS-C- Tech in Surgery, Certified through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- NON-CERTIFIED: None if they meet the below provision:
Per Texas HB 643, surgical technologists entering practice after 09/01/2009 must have and maintain a surgical technologist certification. Individuals that performed in a surgical technologist position prior to 09/01/2009 are not required to obtain a surgical technologist certification.
- None required (unless used in lieu of education as stated above)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.