SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and increased our licensed beds to 242.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR (or CVOR). Key features include:
Top service lines include
2 SI Da Vinci
2 XI Da Vinci
1 MAKO knee robot
1 Globus spine robot
7% annual Voluntary turnover
Over 8000 procedures performed annually
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
The Perioperative Services Technician performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Consistently applies knowledge of perioperative cleaning practices and assists the perioperative patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Transports patients from unit to OR taking care to check the pre-op checklist is complete before transport.
2. Assists OR team in the setup of equipment to include transporting machines, tanks, and related peripheral supplies.
3. Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use and ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit manager.
4. Assists in the pre-operative and intra-operative positioning of patients.
5. Provides support services to staff, including running errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e. between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth operation and coordination of care for surgical services patients.
6. Performs room turnover and assists with other housekeeping functions as directed.
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- Previous PCA, nurse’s aide, or orderly experience in a healthcare setting.(preferred)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.