DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR (or CVOR). Key features include:
Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award Recipient
Leapfrog “A” Grade for Patient Safety
Successful Surgical Services, Joint Commission Triennial Survey, with 0 Variances
1. Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process before, during, and after surgery by:
- Assessment: Conducts comprehensive and ongoing focused physical, psycho-social, and pain assessments (includes assessment of patient education needs).
- Planning: Utilizes the perioperative assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized perioperative plan of care.
- Ensures surgical supplies and equipment are available and in good working order.
- Identifies individual patient goals related to the perioperative experience, readiness to learn, and incorporates family into the perioperative plan of care.
- Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized, and efficient perioperative nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluations, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed, and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the perioperative plan of care.2. Collaborates with patient care team members (surgeon, anesthesia, surgical technologists, surgical first assistants, and post-operative RN staff), incorporating consistent use of hand-off communication and SBAR communication methods.3. Demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, and organizational skills. Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Maintains an orderly and efficient flow of patients. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences Initiates corrective action when appropriate.4. Makes accurate, complete, and timely entries into the patient medical record addressing all steps of the perioperative nursing process. Actively communicates with members of the healthcare team, patient, and patient family.5. Maintains current perioperative nursing knowledge in accordance with the Association of Perioperative Nurses (AORN) to assure a safe working environment for the patient and surgical team. Demonstrates practical application of all policies relative to safety and the pillars of Methodist Excellence to include: Applicable quality core measures, infection prevention, medication administration safety, and AIDET principles. Demonstrates surgical conscience and enforces strict standards of asepsis; applies knowledge current sterilization practices; and demonstrates technical competence in the use of surgical equipment.6. Responsible to supervise tasks delegated to unlicensed personnel (surgical technologists, surgical first assistants, anesthesia technicians and perioperative service technicians) and accountable for tasks performed by unlicensed personnel according to the Texas BON rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224).
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.