This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Histology Technician II
PRN - Non-Exempt - Variable shift hours
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Histology Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Histology Technician II to join our team who prepares and processes tissue specimens for examination and diagnosis by a pathologist, performs more advanced and specialized histology techniques, operates and maintains equipment, performs and monitors quality control, and serves as a resource to others.
What you will do in this role:
- Prepares and processes surgical, autopsy, bone marrow, body fluids, and biopsy specimens for gross and microscopic examination by a pathologist. Prepares frozen sections of surgical specimens for microscopic examination by a pathologist. Prepares solutions for stains and special procedures. Performs the more advanced and specialized histology techniques.
- Performs preventive maintenance on common instruments and keeps records of maintenance as prescribed. Understands and performs basic quality control: identifies quality control problems, participates in quality assurance monitors.
- Assures that results are satisfactory for pathological examination. Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; knows when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol; communicates necessary information to Team Leader or Manager.
- Acts as a resource to customers, both within the department and outside the department. Accepts responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Reviews, updates, writes histology laboratory procedures.
- Answers telephones, communicates verified test results by phone, types procedures, files paperwork and slides, faxes documents, and performs data entry/retrieval as may be required, assists with inventory of supplies.
- High school graduation or equivalent required
- Associate or baccalaureate degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience in histopathology preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations:
- Required: One of the following - MT (ASCP), MT (AMT), MT (AAB), CLS (NCA), MLT (ASCP), HT (ASCP), HTL (ASCP), or MT (HEW).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.