SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pediatric Med Surg department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Care Technician to join our team who performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT’s training, competence and skill, hospital policies and procedures and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel (Rule 224.6). Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one’s training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD)
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing
- Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include:
- Addressing identified hazards in the physical environment of the patient room to prevent patient falls
- Hand hygiene and consistent use of standard precautions
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission based precautions procedures
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
- Preferred: Previous PCT, Nurse aide, orderly experience in a healthcare setting OR ONE of the following:
- Completion of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) training program AND CNA certification with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services on hire.
- Completion of an EMS (Emergency Medical System) training program AND
- EMT certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services on hire.
- MHS employee in an LVN job description as of December 1, 2011.
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San
Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children, Methodist
Children’s Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and
Central Texas. The hospital continues to lead the region in treating severely
ill children, those with complex and chronic medical diagnoses, by providing
the most sub-specialized care available. Our new tower is part of a landmark
expansion which will increase the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by
445,000 square feet.
The new tower includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children’s
imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The 94-bed neonatal
intensive care unit, still the region’s largest, has board-certified
neonatologists in-house 24/7 and is the city’s only Texas Department of
Health-designated Level 4 neonatal intensive care unit. The new tower also
includes 15 additional ER rooms, bringing the total to 40. Methodist Children’s
Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For
more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Children’s Hospital under Locations.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.