SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Full Time - Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pharmacy Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician Specialist you will be responsible for accurately performing advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. Your duties are performed under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and according to professional standards and practices. As a Pharmacy Technician Specialist you may demonstrate skill in sterile compounding preparation and hazardous drugs preparation (chemo certification training). In addition, you will be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets, other specialized duties and/or leadership roles as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
What you will do In This Role:
- As a Pharmacy Technician Specialist you will act as a facility Automated Dispensing Cabinet (ADC) Super User/Trainer. You will assist in education of new pharmacy ADC users and serve as a resource to both pharmacy and nursing staff for problems and/or questions. You will perform daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) and provide oversight of these activities for appropriate inventory management. You will manage the ADC’s formulary for new medications and communicate with individual ADC users when errors are made and re-educate as to correct procedures. You will adjust ADC Max and Par appropriately using everyday usage as well as quarterly Rx Auditor report. You will remove Medications from ADC appropriately due to non-usage. Utilize the Medications Not Loaded report to load appropriate Medications in ADC. You will manage user database, adding, modifying and deleting users within established time lines. You will enforce policy with regard to ADC expiration dates to reduce waste/expirations. You will upload ADC data for data management software/diversion surveillance/ADC optimization.
- You will work with purchaser and Director of Pharmacy to perform CII safe expiration audits, compare report audits and daily reports review including compounding reconciliation. You will investigate discrepancies to determine if true discrepancy and complete incident reports as required. You will review RX Auditor report and generate investigation reports for nurse managers/directors to review. You will perform accurate audits of narcotic overrides, anesthesia documentation, etc. as assigned.
- You will work with Inventory Manager, IV room and utilizes EXP reports to reduce expirations and waste in the ADC and central pharmacy. You will identify, analyze and evaluate data from a variety of sources as assigned. You will perform the role of inventory manager/buyer when that person is not available or as assigned. You will assist with narcotic ordering and maintains inventory as assigned.
- You will provide direction and training to other technicians as assigned. You will assist in the supervision of other technicians to ensure that policies and procedures and regulatory requirements are uniformly and consistently followed. You will perform Technician scheduling as assigned. You will perform and supervise other technicians for administrative billing functions as assigned.
- You will identify critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. You will interact in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately. You will perform and monitor compliance for quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned. You will accurately perform and document monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned.
- You will perform all duties required of basic technicians as required including filling of medication orders, safe compounding and labeling of parenteral admixtures including hazardous medications if competent. You will be in compliant with all facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Completion of a course sponsored by an ACPE provider which provides 40 hours of instruction and experience and meets Texas Board of Pharmacy requirements to compound sterile products. Training may be obtained through completion of a recognized course in an accredited College of Pharmacy or a course sponsored by an ACPE accredited provider.
- Minimum 2 years of hospital experience required
- Minimum 1 year sterile compounding experience preferred
- Supervisor experience preferred
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
License, Certificates or Registrations Required: ONE of the following:
- Current Registered Pharmacy Technician by Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Intern Certification with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record
setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas
Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program
in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the
center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney
transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more
transplants than the second center on the list.
addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a
full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for
liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery,
vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral
health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault
Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors
ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist
Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest
quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores
from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation’s
top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our
website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and
Transplant under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.