DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Healthcare System
RN Navigator Oncology - Lung Cancer/Head & Neck
Navigators Department / Registered Nurses
FT - Days - Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Oncology Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an RN Navigator - Adult Oncology to join our team who will function as a member of the multidisciplinary team and serve as an advocate and educator for cancer patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment.
The Adult Oncology Nurse Navigator’s primary function is to ensure the patient remains compliant to the treatment plan. Navigators achieve this goal by building relationships with patients and physicians, coordinating the plan of care, assisting with appointments, transportation needs, education, resource provision and/or representation within the multidisciplinary care environment. The Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high-quality outcomes for cancer patients, including support with interdisciplinary and cross-facility coverage and collaboration.
The Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family; all physicians involved in with patient’s care, internal and external healthcare providers, support network members, and the wider healthcare community. This role will require collaboration with local physician liaisons and leadership to conduct internal and external outreach and marketing.
What you will do in this role:
1. Serve as patient advocate from diagnosis to end of active treatment. Assess patients’ medical, social, psychosocial, and other care needs.
2. Provide appropriate teaching, outreach, and support to patients and families. Ensure the patient is empowered to manage his/her own healthcare needs. Conduct follow-up conversations with all patients and communicate any concerns, changes, or social needs to the appropriate physician or care provider.
3. Streamline processes for patients by assisting with appointment scheduling and paperwork preparation. Attend multi-disciplinary meetings (MDM) and/or other meetings as necessary. Document throughout patient care continuum in INavigate database. Drive process improvement by collaborating with Director of Navigation Operations to determine best practices related to monthly navigation scorecard report.
4. Coach and assist patients to remove barriers related to insurance coverage, transportation, child care, finances, language, etc. so they can focus on their treatment on their treatment plan. Stay current on the latest oncology nursing developments and participate in organizational conferences. Ensure service continuity.
5. Connect patients to hospital and community resources. Conduct outreach to referrers, providers and other medical professionals as well as to the corporate customer community.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
2. Experience: Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: 1-5 years of oncology nursing experience. Experience with program development, nurse navigation and/or patient educator in Oncology.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Current RN license in the state of Texas or current multi-state RN compact license. Employees with RN compact license status are required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90-days of hire.
2. Preferred: Certification in their specialty.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.