Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
Nuclear Medicine Tech
Nuclear Medicine Department/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Nuclear Medicine Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Nuclear Medicine Tech who will be responsible for the safety of the patient, keeping records as designated for quality control, quality assurance and state regulatory agencies. Insure handling, receipt, administration and disposal of radioactive materials.
What you will do in this role:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Demonstrates competence in the area of nuclear medicine: positioning, physiology, procedure prep and technical factors. The technologist must also demonstrate proper handling of radiopharmaceuticals and record keeping according to Nuclear Medicine guidelines.
4. Demonstrate proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling exams, completion of exams, patient and film tracking and entering of charges according to procedures performed.
5. Checks label of isotope to be injected carefully and assay it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
6. Facilitates and participates in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine training program
B. ALL of the following:
i.Graduate of Radiology Technologist program
ii.Both registry/certification requirements listed below
iii.One year experience as a nuclear medicine technologist
None (see Education requirement above for exception under 1.B.)
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
2 years previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. Must have ONE of the following within six months of hire date:
i. ARRT (N) or
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.