SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Full Time - Mixed 10am - 10pm (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Emergency Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a Senior Emergency Room Technician to join our team and be a part of the Emergency Department patient care team who will collaboratively work with nursing and medical staff in providing patient care. Assists with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse. Possesses excellent communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, strong technical skills and consistently applies sound broad judgment. The senior ED tech is responsible to precept ED techs and assist with unit improvement initiatives.
What you will do in this role:
- Under supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one’s training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include: (Note: Training and competency for any discretionary delegation patient care tasks performed must be documented)
- Actively participates in Unit-based/hospital-based committees and process improvement, i.e. Safety Champion, assists Director with bi-annual completion of Environmental Tour requirement, and actively participates in disaster response team. Functions as Super Trainer for Point of Care Testing for ED techs and as a preceptor for new techs and as a qualified observer for initial and ongoing ED tech competencies.
- Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include following all patient safety initiatives, hand hygiene and use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission base precaution procedures.
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Is knowledgeable about the processes and demonstrates proficient use of department equipment to include:
- Tracking of equipment
- Cleaning of instruments at point of use
- Utilizing Sterile Processing Department (as appropriate)
- Consistently maintains adequate stocking and restocking to PAR levels of:
- Single use supplies
- Linens and gowns
- Stretchers and wheelchairs
- Oxygen tanks
What qualifications you will need: One of the following:
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient populations served (if applicable).
Converse opened in 2019 to serve the Converse and surrounding area with our
24/7 freestanding emergency center. This 12,650 square-foot facility features
12 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as radiology,
full-service laboratory, telemetry, immediate intervention for serious
emergencies, and 24-hour monitoring and testing of cardiac patients. We also
offer unique use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS), which
allows staff to electronically transmit diagnostic images from Methodist ER
Converse to any Methodist credentialed physician's office, specialist or any Methodist
hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up. For more information, please
visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist ER Converse under
Locations, Emergency Rooms.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.