DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant
GI Technician I
GI Lab/Clinical Technicians
Full Time, Days - Non-Exempt
(includes evening and weekend cal)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our GI Lab. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a GI Lab Tech I who assists with procedures, ensuring continuous quality of care is provided to patient’s age adolescent to geriatric in the GI Lab under the direction of a qualified physician or Licensed Practitioner.
What you will do in this role:
1. Demonstrates effective clinical skills utilizing time, equipment and supplies efficiently and properly, pre, intra and post procedure. Maintains accountability for instruments, supplies and sharps, throughout the procedure.
2. Handles specimens ensuring proper placement and labeling in conjunction with the RN caring for the patient.
3. Performs clinical actions as defined in annual competency and skills checklists. Demonstrates competence in all areas of gastroenterology: procedure preparation, technical factors and equipment maintenance and safety.
4. Complete assignments independently and works as part of a team; takes instructions from supervisors; exercises problem-solving skills; and interacts with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
5. Understands and utilizes infection control standards related to disposable and non-disposable equipment. Incorporates patient safety in all areas of their technical practice including transporting patients to and from the department.
6. Provides specialized care to patients, as delegated by a licensed practitioner and communicates changes in patient condition to the physician or licensed practitioner.
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics (KSAOs) Minimum Education and Experience:
Minimum License and Certificates Required: None
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.