Methodist Hospital South
Patient Safety Screener
Disaster Relief Department/Patient Care Support
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Disaster Relief department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Safety Screener (PSS) who participates in high quality, patient-centered care by operating a station designed to control access of individuals that present to facility access points. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSS screens individuals to ensure the patient and staff environment is free of potential exposure to respiratory illnesses and infectious diseases. The PSS provides guidance to patients and visitors on the appropriate pathways, following established protocols. The PSS may assist with directing patients, traffic, or monitoring in remote locations.
What you will do in this role:
1. Monitors patients and other individuals entering the facility, driving into the facility parking lot, or using remote parking/waiting areas. Maintains physical presence at assigned entry point.
2. Communicates clearly using compassionate connected care model with all patients, visitors, and the general public.
3. Ensures a safe patient and staff environment by screening all entrants according to established guidelines. Utilizes approved screening methods as appropriate to the situation, including verbal screening and temperature assessment.
4. Reports any concerns with screening or entrant condition promptly.
5. Directs patients or individuals appropriately based on defined criteria.
6. Relays appropriate hand-off communication to appropriate nursing personnel or other personnel to ensure continuity of care and safe environment.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
8. Creates clear, accurate documentation as stated in CDC and facility protocols.
9. Complies with principles of hand hygiene, aseptic, and sterile technique.
10. Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
11. Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
12. Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
13. Maintains a calm demeanor.
14. Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
15. Assists in the orientation of new staff as needed.
16. Seeks opportunities to improve processes.
17. Manages supplies and personal protective equipment as needed.
QualificationsMinimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Methodist Hospital South became part of the Methodist Healthcare System family in July 2017. With over 60 beds, the hospital serves over 5 counties and is comprised of healthcare professionals with years of training and experience who bring compassion and excellence to their work.
Methodist Hospital South has been nationally recognized as a Five-Star rated facility by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services and by its grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety score. The hospital is also a recipient of the Excellence in Patient Safety Across the Board Award and is designated as a Level IV trauma center and Ambulatory Services Sleep Center. Beyond offering Methodist-quality emergency care, our comprehensive services have expanded into orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine and urology, and will continue to grow as the area’s needs increase. For more information, please visit our website at www.methodisthospitalsouth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.