DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Radiology Department/Clerical & Other Administrative
FT - Evenings - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Radiology Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Registrar/Scheduler to join our team who, under supervision, performs patient admitting functions which include scheduling and registering patients for radiological procedures.
What you will do in this role:
1. Takes requests for exams from physician offices, schedules patients for radiologic tests, procedures and admissions utilizing scheduling module; obtains accurate information on physician orders, pre-certifications and insurance plans, and enters the information into an appropriate system. Faxes and mails out reports to referring physicians. Separates batch reports and sends to appropriate areas to be place into patient’s medical records for in house patients, answers phones and intercoms, calls Doctors for Radiologists. Coordinates procedures for Radiologists and patients. Responsible for calling on-call teams for emergent cases after hours.
2. Informs patients or the physician office staff about any procedure requirements such as preps and signed order by physician.
3. Coordinates scheduling exams requiring anesthesia or sedation with Anesthesia Group and tech and setup from OR for the anesthesiologist to ensure the availability of staff and equipment.
4. Registers patients for services: obtains required authorizations, demographic and financial information for the patient’s medical and business office records and entering the information online. Will have patients fill out questionnaires appropriate to exam to be done.
5. Collects paperwork and ABN’s when necessary on each patient and aligns pertinent documents for establishing the patient’s medical records and financial file. Distributes documents to appropriate departments. When paper work is returned from departments it must be separated, organized and alphabetized before sending to medical records.
6. Collects deposits, deductibles, co-pays and other payments from patients to reduce bad dept expense and documents payment status in the system and charts. Prepares and submits daily deposits to cashier.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.