SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN Schedule (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pharmacy Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist for our team who will demonstrate proficiency in all pharmacist functions to include: Consulting on medication orders with nursing and medical staff, validating patient histories and current medication profiles, identifying medication variances and adverse drug reactions, using formulary alternatives and handling complaints. Conducts drug regimen reviews and responds to specific polypharmacy, pharmacokinetic and medication/MAR reconciliation consults. Recommends and monitors drug therapy as assigned by the medical staff.
What you will do in the role:
- Consistently provides pharmaceutical care to patients of all age and population groups to ensure appropriate prescribing, route, method of administration, and length of therapy; includes review of allergy history on all patients and weight for weight-based dosing; Monitors for age appropriate response to drug therapy and for any adverse events from drug therapy. Exhibits competence in pharmacy clinical functions and accessing drug / patient information resources including lab values. Follows-through on all inappropriate drug regimens, including, documentation of key clinical pharmacy interventions, reporting of medication variances and overall improvements to the medication management system. Provides general and/or patient specific drug information as required to other health professionals in an expedient and professional manner.
- Performs computer order entry of medication orders and maintains the patient’s medication profile. Conducts therapy monitoring and other activities associated with the provision of pharmaceutical care including formulary auto-substitution. Contacts physicians concerning non-formulary drugs and completes documentation of non-formulary requests timely. Monitors all computer warnings, such as allergies, duplicate therapy, interactions, and dosing, for clinical significance and performs all follow-up actions as needed to include timely notification of physician and nurse.
- Provides continual guidance to technical staff as it applies to performance of pharmacy services. Supervises technical support personnel in drug preparation and distribution systems and participates in competency training for technical personnel. Performs accurate final dispensing check of all medication orders and completes required documentation. Informs supervisor or pharmacy manager of performance or discipline problems of technical staff.
- Complies with applicable federal and state law, pharmacy standards of practice and US Pharmacopeia guidelines for compounding of sterile preparations; complies with organizational policies and procedures as well as Joint Commission standards. Performs controlled substance documentation and distribution procedures accurately. Completes mandatory inventories and audits; may participate in the hospital’s annual inventory process.
- Performs decentralized direct support to assigned units within the facility including rounding with other members of the healthcare team when applicable. Participates in activities targeted by the department including Clinical Pharmacy Reports, Medication Utilization Evaluation (MUE), food/drug interaction monitoring, patient counseling, ADR monitoring, in-services for other health care providers, and collection of data for Performance Improvement indicators.
- Provides cross-coverage in pharmacy areas as required. Assists in times of short staffing or increased workload to ensure quality patient care.
Education: ONE of the following:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
What qualifications you will need:
- Minimum of one (1) year pharmacy hospital experience preferred.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
License, Certificates or Registrations Required: ONE of the following prior to the first day of employment:
- Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.