Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant
Non Invasive Cardiology Department/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Non Invasive Cardiology Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking an EEG Technician who, under the direction of the Manager of Non-Invasive Cardiology/Neurodiagnostics, performs EEG studies, epilepsy studies and other related examinations according to established standards and practices at a high technical level.
What you will do in this role:
1. Demonstrates technical proficiency for basic digital EEG. This includes familiarity with national, hospital, and lab standards for testing. Candidate will utilize the 10-20 system of electrode placement to include manual measurements, skin prep, and electrode application (paste and collodian).
2. Demonstrates proper knowledge of montage selection based on patient condition. At the completion of all studies, properly removes electrodes, clean patient/equipment, and documents all necessary paperwork.
3. Demonstrates critical thinking and skill to recognize and correct artifact accordingly. Candidate can successfully trouble-shoot equipment and leads appropriately.
4. Demonstrates technical proficiency for proper set-up of long-term studies (Epilepsy) to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will be familiar checking the system during on-going recordings and transfer of digital data to reading station for interpretation by a qualified reader.
5. Demonstrates technical proficiency for set-up of ambulatory EEG to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will ensure proper and complete in services for all patients on the use of all equipment. Candidate will transfer all data as necessary to the reading station.
6. Provide technical proficiency (bedside EEG, ambulatory EEG, and LTM EEG) for adults (and pediatric populations for those hospitals in the Methodist Healthcare System who provide a pediatrics service line) in the inpatient and the outpatient setting.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma or GED. Preferred candidate would be a graduate of a certified school of neurodiagnostics or certified medical assistant program or its equivalent.
2. Experience: Preferred candidate would have a minimum of one-year experience in a hospital setting performing neurodiagnostic procedures.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
NON-Registered and Registered EEG Technician : BLS Certification
Registered EEG Technician: Must be a registered EEG Technologist (REEGT) through the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Inc. and have BLS Certification. Other Registries are optional.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, hepatobiliary surgery, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. Our surgical expertise extends to robotics, with four da Vinci surgical robots in use. It has been recognized as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery since 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their five consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.