SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Facilities department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Regulatory Compliance Supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing all regulatory programs within the facilities management department. You will also be responsible for the scheduling, coordination, and overseeing of required testing/inspections, collection of completed documentation, and scheduling/overseeing any required follow-up work. All documentation will be maintained by the supervisor of regulatory compliance, and he/she will be responsible for presenting the documentation to applicable surveyor(s). Primary duties include but aren’t limited to the Life Safety and Environment of Care (EOC) chapters of the Joint Commission (TJC). The position also includes analyzing and applying process improvements to these programs and ensuring that all programs are tailored to the current or adopted codes the inspecting agencies use to evaluate facilities. Among other things, the supervisor of regulatory compliance will help coordinate the EOC meetings, coordinate the Healthy Work Environment/environmental tours, participate in the facility safety champion program, and conduct necessary follow-up and education, as needed.
What you will do in this role:
- Interprets and comprehends applicable codes, rules, and regulations as they relate to hospital and medical office building systems. Performs adjustments and operational verification of all records to ensure effectiveness and integrity. Conducts evaluations and adjustments to all aspects of records for life safety systems, the fire prevention plan, and the utility management plan. Conducts in-depth, ongoing training to Facilities Management personnel in the proper methods and documentation of preventive maintenance and repair tasks by code standards as well as all safety practices that apply.
- Evaluates the overall effectiveness of programs and modifies as needed to ensure optimal record keeping and effectiveness of programs. Demonstrates desired outcomes, routinely and continually monitors and enhances operational characteristics.
- Displays excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving abilities, excellent communication skills, and strong project management abilities.
- Submits compliance reports, performs internal audits on effectiveness of compliance policies, and serves as liaison between management and personnel.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new regulations in order to analyze employee’s impact on the organization.
- Ensures continued analysis of all life safety systems and associated equipment. Must assist, as needed or requested, in the diagnosis of equipment failures and restoration. Possesses and uses teaching techniques to elevate the overall knowledge of coworkers’ understanding of life safety systems.
- Monitors operations data presented by reporting terminals, operation panels, vendors, and employees/staff regarding system operation and condition. Ensures recorded data is entered in log books or computer files and makes suitable operational changes, as shown by this data and operation of all life safety systems in normal/emergency mode. Is alert to emergency operations needs and ready to react to these needs in such a manner that delivery of life safety services are always as near normal as possible.
- Consults with outside service companies on existing systems and new installation contractors to ensure that life safety schemes/systems are maintained/installed to conform to standards set by the hospital and regulatory agencies. Understands and participates in review of new design and commissioning of all new expansions to life safety systems to ensure designed operational performance.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with extensive experience in dealing with regulatory codes/agencies (including, but not limited to, TJC, National Fire Protection Agency, International Fire Code, local Authority Having Jurisdiction, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and International Building Code)
Two years supervision
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.