SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Psychiatric Assessment department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) Assessment & Referral Center (ARC) Specialist to join our team who will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team and is responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments via telehealth for patients who come through the Emergency Department to determine the appropriate level of care. They respond to calls related to accessing behavioral health services including requests for information, inquiries regarding clinical needs from potential patients, their family members and care providers, and to requests for admission or transfer from internal and external facilities.
What you will do in this role:
- Complete age-appropriate psychiatric assessments of patients in the emergency department to include making recommendations to the requesting physician concerning behavioral health needs and arranges for transfer to another facility if needed.
- Provide referrals for those patients who are determined not to need hospitalization and notifies the appropriate persons or referral source of disposition.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the application of telehealth services to maintain quality care provided to the patient at the same or higher as if the service were delivered in person.
- Complete employee psychiatric assessments to determine risk to self or others when necessary.
- Coordinate the delivery of telepsychiatric services to the requesting physician according to established guidelines. Assures clear proactive communication between physicians to support good clinical care to the patient.
- For the patient needing inpatient treatment verifies insurance benefits, eligibility and obtains pre certification, arranges for an attending psychiatrist for the patient.
- Complete required documentation, which includes but is not limited to the psychiatric assessment, timely, thoroughly, and legibly.
- Works well as a member of a multi disciplinary team maintaining effective communication with Emergency Department staff, Utilization Review Staff, Admissions Staff, Attending Psychiatrists, Inpatient Units, and all other Behavioral Health Services.
Education: ONE of the following:
A. Master’s degree in social work
B. Master’s degree in psychology or related field
C. Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- At least 2 years in acute psychiatric care
- Three (3) years experience in mental health setting, Emergency Department or crisis management
License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Has and maintains ONE of the following:
A. Licensed Registered Nurse to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas (RN)
B. Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
C. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
D. Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
E. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- RNs: Certification in psychiatric and mental health
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of health care services in the South Texas region and enjoys the highest consumer preference share of services as measured by the National Research Corporation (NRC). Methodist has also won the San Antonio Express-News’ People’s Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times – more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties.
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.