DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Wound Care Department / Clinical Technicians
FT - Days - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Would Care Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Hyperbaric Technician to join our team who assumes responsibility for the safe and effective operation of the compression chamber system and supporting components. He/She accompanies patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen treatments in the chamber delivering care appropriate to his/her level of training and to meet patient needs. Applies skills to assist in wound care and other patient care as required. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
1. Operates the compression chamber and supporting components and maintains operating, maintenance, safety logs and other required documentation, as specified in department policy.
2. Carries out hyperbaric oxygen treatment protocols as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician and actively participates in patient teaching pertaining to HBO treatments.
3. Prepares the hyperbaric chamber, equipment and materials needed for patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen treatments. Processes (cleans and stores properly) equipment/supplies used in the hyperbaric environment and/or department.
4. Observes patients and the hyperbaric systems during the course of hyperbaric oxygen treatments, reports unusual occurrences, and records appropriate entries in the medical record, as required.
5. Assists in wound care under the direct supervision of the Hyperbaric Physician(s) and/or Nurses, as required.
6. Performs required preventive and other maintenance under the supervision of a Senior Technician and/or Safety Specialist.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Licensure: ALL of the following (In accordance with UHMS requirements April 2017, qualifying pathways) :
1) Education/training/licensure/certification required for professional practice in ONE of the following:
Note: License/certifications for the professional practice (listed below) are required to qualify for CHT certification and are recommended to be maintained
A. Military Corpsman
B. EMT/Paramedic AND Texas EMT license from Texas Department of Health Services/ Texas Paramedic license from Texas Department of Health Services C. LVN AND Texas RN/LVN license from Texas Board of Nursing
2. Experience: None
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Includes: Completion of National Board of Diving & Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT) approved Hyperbaric medicine introductory course within six months of hire date.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Obtains Certification in Hyperbaric Technology (CHT) from the National Board of Diving & Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMY) within 12 months of hire date and must maintain current CHT.
2. Maintenance of qualifying pathway is recommended.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.