DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a closer look at who we are and what we do!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement program.
The Division Network Engineer assists with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support the HCA Healthcare division network and security infrastructure. As a primary technical resource for the division, the Network Engineer is responsible for the set-up and repair of division and facility network infrastructure, including the monitoring and diagnosis of network performance, and resolution of network-based incidents and requests reported to the division service desk, especially complex incidents requiring research and diagnostics.
The Network Engineer maintains the HCA Healthcare network and security environments by adhering to and supporting HCA Healthcare IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of division and facility-based network equipment. This position assists with division and facility-based project planning, strategic planning, 24x7 on-call support with other members of division IT staff, and may be required to supplement facility-based, on-site support to technical resources.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
• Assist with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support of hardware and software to support the division network. This includes, but is not limited to: monitoring routers, switches, and circuits for failures and recommending corrective action.
• Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
• Assist with maintenance and support of division and facility-level network security equipment, including but not limited to: network equipment, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
• Participation in and support of division and facility-level technical implementation projects.
• Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation and carries a pager as warranted, to assist with troubleshooting, coordination, escalation, and resolution of network or security-based incidents, equipment failures, etc.
• Aids and trains users on proper use of division and/or facility technology.
• Mentors and trains division Network Administrators and Associate Network Administrators, as needed.
• Participates in facility-based IT project planning, as needed.
• Effectively works with division and corporate ITG personnel to ensure that division priorities and standards are achieved. This includes, but is not limited to: Customer Support, corporate Network Engineering, Corporate Security, and external vendors to support division and facility operations.
• Communicates and escalates incidents and requests beyond scope of ability to senior service resources.
• Coordinates and participates in regular division-wide meetings and workshops with facility technical staff to ensure timely transfer of knowledge which impacts HCA Healthcare approved network architecture and security policies.
• Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance.
• Aids and trains users on proper use of division and/or facility technology.
• Adheres to and supports HCA Healthcare ITG standards, policies and procedures.
• Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Good working knowledge of the following:
Supported networks, data architecture, applicable technologies and vendor products
Firewall, router, switch hardware and software
Network and routing topology
Applicable communication protocols and hardware configurations
Statistical and analytical tools for network monitoring
• Demonstrates broad knowledge of network and security technologies and standards
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
• Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
• Provides onsite technology support on projects
HCA Healthcare Information Technology Group (ITG) delivers healthcare IT products and services to HCA Healthcare's portfolio of business and partners, including Parallon, HealthTrust and Sarah Cannon.
For decades, ITG has been a pioneer in the industry, leading the transformation of healthcare into a new era of quality and connectivity. ITG relies on the breadth of the organization and depth of technical expertise to advance and enhance today’s healthcare and to enable our physicians and clinicians to provide world-class, innovative care for patients.
ITG employees rally around the noble cause of transforming healthcare through technology and find inspiration in the meaningful work they do—creating a culture that is "Healthcare Inspired."
If you want a career in technology and have a heart for healthcare, apply your expertise to a mission that matters.
ITG is always looking for sharp, skilled, committed team members to join its Healthcare Inspired mission and culture. With job opportunities spread throughout the company and all across the country, ranging from strategy to development, from project management to product support, you can use your unique and valued expertise in many ways for the noble cause of healthcare
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bachelor’s degree in information systems - Preferred.
2 or more years experience with data networking technologies
• Certification in Cisco CCNA/CCDA preferred
• Valid state drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable personal transportation capable of
transporting both employee and standard work equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires equal amounts of prolonged sitting and standing or walking, some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment. Position may occasionally require ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and to push or pull a cart. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Must be able to express or exchange ideas verbally, have a normal range or hearing, and have the ability to see and obtain impressions, shape, size, and other characteristics with eyes. Work is performed in an office environment and in network/server equipment environments. Work may be stressful at times, and may involve contact with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel to facilities may be required.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.