SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR (or CVOR). Key features include:
Largest robotic program nationwide with six da Vinci Xi HD Surgical Robots
Intraoperative Magnetic Resonance Imaging Suite (IMRIS)
Largest Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) program in the country in a non-academic setting
Largest neurosurgery and gynecology programs in South Texas
Extensive breast reconstructive surgery program to include DIEP flaps and vascularized lymph node transfer
Growing head and neck oncology surgical services
Level III Trauma Center
22 state of the art OR suites
4 state of the art CVOR suites, including a hybrid suite
Servicing all of South Texas heart transplants
ECMO program for adults and pediatrics
Busy TAVR program
Congenital heart program
General Statement of Duties:
The Anesthesia Coordinator is responsible for coordinating anesthesia equipment and supplies for patients receiving an anesthetic. Duties include preparation and cleaning of anesthetic machines and equipment for each procedure, anticipating needs of the anesthetist, assisting the anesthetist during procedures, and maintaining supply levels and functional equipment. The Coordinator is a senior technician that works in a collaborative role with the circulating RN and provides training and support to the other anesthesia technicians within the department in addition to performing anesthesia technician duties.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates the availability and scheduling of equipment and supplies used in anesthesia. Maintains designated par levels of anesthesia supplies and ensures carts are stocked with immediate use items for each operative procedure. Participates in evaluating new equipment/supplies that pertain to the anesthesia service.
2. Consistently uses aseptic technique and correctly sets up and prepares needed supplies and equipment for arterial and central lines.
3. Works in collaboration with the circulating nurse and anticipates the needs of the anesthetist; assists the anesthetist with arterial and/or central line placement, regional, epidural and spinal blocks and the induction of general anesthesia.
4. Ensures utilized equipment is appropriately cleaned and in proper working order prior to use; performs basic equipment troubleshooting as necessary. Submits work orders in a timely manner for needed maintenance/repairs. Properly cleans and stores equipment after use. Schedules preventative maintenance as required and follows up on completion.
5. Assists in orientation and training of new employees to the role of the anesthesia technician.
6. Under supervision of the circulating nurse, demonstrates proper cell saver device set up for blood collection and conducts effective blood salvage operation.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
High school graduate or equivalent
2. Experience: As of April 7, 2011 one year experience as an anesthesia technician in a hospital setting.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Prior anesthesia technician experience in a hospital setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations
Preferred: Anesthesia technician certification (Cer.A.T.) from the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT).
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions:
( X) INSIDE: Spends approximately 40__ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time):
Sitting 15 % + Standing 15 % + Walking 70 % = 100%
LIFTING/CARRYING DEMANDS: Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up to 10 lbs.
( X ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.