Days Shift Neurosurgery Service Line Sign-On Bonus Offered
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
The RN Service Line Coordinator is responsible for all patient care activities related to the specific area of clinical practice. Demonstrates competency in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for each patient. Maintains high standards for performance and acts as a resource person for the department. In this leadership role the Clinical Coordinator promotes collaboration among all members of the team, facilitates delivery and timeliness of service, role models and promotes excellent customer service, prevents and/or resolves conflict and, overall, provides for an optimal patient care and work environment during the designated shift.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
Essential Job Functions:
1. Obtains nursing history from available sources including the patient, the chart, other nursing personnel and the physician. Differentiates between normal/ abnormal findings. Utilizes nursing history to make an assessment of patient’s condition, and individualizes plan of care. Anticipates, recognizes, and reports changes to the appropriate person(s). Monitors patient data and determines it
effect on the patient’s progress and the nursing care plan.
2. Documents findings and actions clearly including assessment of the patient and use of safety measures. Makes certain physician’s orders are given and/or completed and all other reports and charges are documented according to policy. Makes certain that charting is thorough and complete.
3. Establishes priorities in providing care for the patient assignment and re-establishes priorities to accommodate changes in the patient’s status and the unit’s operation. Assists with/supervises procedures, equipment set-up and troubleshooting as necessary. Reviews overall nursing care program for the department and determines effectiveness in meeting established care goals.
4. Adapts to changing unit environment, i.e., volume, triage levels and acuity, staffing, etc. Functions as a resource person for less experienced personnel and unit preceptors. Sets up and teaches in-service programs to support the department and to complement overall staff education.
5. Assures that all employees are involved in process improvement actively seeking to improve and refine processes within the department in accordance with System, facility and unit initiatives. Supports hardwiring processes, validating and coaching staff when appropriate and necessary (ex.
Hourly rounding, AIDET, quality initiatives, Core Measures, CPOE, eMAR, Unit Based Staff Practice Council participation, etc.)
6. Coordinates patient and room assignments, along with resources and needs, considering needs/abilities of employees available for assignment.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License. (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
BLS Certification required
2. Preferred: Certification in their specialty
A minimum of six (6) months clinical experience as a licensed RN
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.