Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Operating Room Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
At North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Operating Room Nurse opportunity.
We are seeking an Operating Room Nurse for our ambulatory surgery center who demonstrates the values of our company by caring like family. You will be an amazing addition to our team by contributing your expertise in the circulating or scrub role. You will ensure safe and effective nursing care until your patient is transferred from your care to recovery.
What you will do in this role:
* Oversee the instrument and equipment set-up for your OR, including utilization of preference cards and ability to anticipate your surgeons needs
* Coordinate and oversee your room during a case as the circulator
* You will facilitate effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures
* Utilize appropriate body mechanics in moving your patients to stretchers and OR tables to prevent injury
* Manage your patients care and medication, including assistance with anesthesia
* Consistently review your charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
* Minimum 2 years of experience in an operating room setting, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
* Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***online certification not acceptable
* ACLS as required by facility
* CNOR certification preferred
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center - North Central is located in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio. Our AAAHC center is a top revenue producer for HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division. We perform over 600 procedures a month. Our specialties are in orthopedics, ophthalmology, ENT, gynecology, endoscopy, podiatry, pediatrics, urology and pediatric dermatology.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Operating Room Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For questions about your job application or this site, please contact;
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.