Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Sterile Processing Tech you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist ASC of Boerne which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist ASC of Boerne, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Sterile Processing Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As the Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients through providing properly cleaned, sterilized and highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness and sterilization of instruments and equipment
* Demonstrate awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with manufacturer instructions
* Demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment
* Monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
* Maintain accurate records for PM’s for equipment and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
* Test operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and report problems to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
* Monitor all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use
* Perform required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips
Qualifications you will need:
* Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing
* One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
* Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements
No Travel Travel Required
1 years experience Required Years of Experience
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center | Boerne is a newly built, state-of-the-art facility. Our center is equipped with the newest technologies to perform procedures in orthopedic, ophthalmology, GI, colorectal, spine and general surgery. We are a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Sterile Processing Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.