Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At South TX Radiology Imaging Ctr we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Radiology PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At South TX Radiology Imaging Ctr we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Radiology PRN opening and continue to learn!
You will be responsible to provide continuous quality nursing care to patients, age infant to geriatric, through the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Will perform all aspects of the nursing process, a large percentage of his/her time is spent on monitoring patients who receive sedation/analgesia and/or are undergoing invasive procedures. Must effectively maintain the standard of practice, supplies and equipment and promotes communication and collaboration with physicians, radiology staff and other members of the healthcare team.
What you will do in this role:
1. Provides care to patients using the nursing process as a guide for actions, assesses and formulates an appropriate plan that addresses: educational needs, discharge planning, age-specific needs, bio-psycho-social needs and patient/family preference.
2. Administers and monitors patients undergoing sedation/analgesia per physician order and hospital protocol. Monitors patients undergoing invasive procedures in the Radiology department(s).
3. Demonstrates knowledge and competency of patient care requirements specific to the Radiology department(s) including the safe and correct transporting and positioning of patients, use of and possible reactions to contrast media and radiation safety procedures.
4. Maintains specialized knowledge and competence required to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of patients and others in the Radiology environment. Incorporates National Safety Goals to all areas of Nursing Practice.
5. Employs effective clinical leadership skills. Plans, organizes and delegates work to other personnel based on knowledge of patients needs and the skills and competencies of the personnel. Provides nursing support to technologists in all Radiology modalities as needed including assisting patients experiencing unanticipated allergic reactions.
6. Interacts and communicates effectively with all members of the health care team. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education- associate degree, diploma or baccalaureate program.
2. Must maintain BLS Instructor Certification in order to train STRIC employees BLS/CPR. Minimum License and Certificates
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
2. Current CPR certification and ACLS certification.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Radiology PRN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.