As a Senior Paralegal with Methodist Healthcare System you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Healthcare System, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Healthcare System family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Paralegal to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Seeking a Senior Paralegal who will support the legal department as well as complete duties for the board of governance. Responsibility of duties include daily operations of board meeting process while providing excellent organization skills, accuracy and attention to detail. Must communicate effectively in a professional and collaborative environment. Responsibilities have a direct impact on the governance of Methodist Healthcare System and the productivity of the Methodist Healthcare System's legal function. Able to meet tight deadlines, while working with sensitive information, multi-tasking, and driving legal operational process improvements. This position works closely with both MHS’ General Counsel and the Ethics & Compliance Officer, collaborate with other teams within MHS, and interact with board members and external partners.
What you will do in this role:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the board meeting process. This essential function is to assist the MHS boards in completing their work as effectively and efficiently as possible, and in accordance with MHS policies, goals, and strategic plans. This position requires excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. Assisting with the managing of legal workflows and project deadlines for the legal function and communicating with internal teams regarding the status of projects and legal requests.
3. Maintains a tracking system for corporate filings; managing certain regulatory filings, permits, and licenses, including state corporate registrations, business licenses and permits and registrations with other regulatory agencies.
4. Prepares monthly legal fee accrual report to include legal fees for all MHS facilities & processes all legal invoices to ensure timely payment & proper enterprise allocation.
5. Providing timely assistance with legal compliance issues enterprise-wide
6. Assist with managing MHS’ litigation portfolio in collaboration with retained outside counsel.
7. Manages paper and electronic legal files in a confidential and consistent manner to ensure the ongoing applicability of appropriate legal privileges. Prepares internal memoranda, opinions, and other legal documents. Composes, transcribes and finalizes routine and confidential correspondence as well as other materials or documents.
8. Manages and maintains daily calendar for General Counsel, schedules meetings/conferences, and travel arrangements.
9. The ideal candidate will be very proficient in Microsoft Office software and in legal database utilization.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor Degree from an accredited program and a Paralegal Certification from an accredited paralegal program is preferred.
2. Experience: Five (5) years of experience or related experience.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: MA
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
2. Preferred: Project management professional certification recommended.
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 6 freestanding emergency centers. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.<img height="1" width="1" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=558207384326316&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Senior Paralegal opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.