DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital Texsan
General Ultrasound & Vascular Technologist
Ultrasound Department/Clinical Technicians
Weekend Full Time position (Friday-Sunday 7a-7p 36 hrs) and 1-2 weekday night call 11p-7a
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Ultrasound Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Vascular Technologist to join our team who will perform diagnostic procedures to include arterial/venous Dopplers and vascular imaging as directed by physician order. The sonographer utilizes and maintains a background in anatomy, physiology, physics and instrumentation to provide technical information to aid the physician. He/she maintains department supplies and equipment and participates in the quality control initiatives of the department.
What you will do in this role:
1. Maintains skills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical sonography.
2. Acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders.
3. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications. Transports patients between the lab and other units as directed.
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness of the work area. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
5. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images, presenting images to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech. Responsible for the proper use of the Cardiology PAC System.
6. Orders supplies and checks each month for supply needs and orders appropriate amounts at the beginning of each month; assists with all daily/monthly reports.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Successful completion of training program in either:
2. Radiologic Technology
3. Vascular Technology
B. Associates of Science or higher degree
2. Experience: None
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two (2) years vascular technologist in a hospital or diagnostic imaging clinic
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Must have and maintain American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in either:
1. RVT – Registered Vascular Technologist
2. RVS – Registered Vascular Specialist
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a full service 120 bed acute care hospital specializing as one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We have also received the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence award – the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our excellence extends to our ICU which was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row and was a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. For more information please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Texsan under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.