Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Communications Operator today with Methodist Healthcare System.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Healthcare System, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Come join our team as a(an) Communications Operator. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Seeking a Communications Operator who is responsible for professionally answering all internal and external phone calls for the Methodist Healthcare System facilities. He/she utilizes appropriate communication skills and directs the caller to their destination. Monitors and responds to various alarms and Emergency/STAT situations in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with System policy. Answers Service (P.A.G.E.) calls for physicians in the facilities and after hour emergency calls for physicians’ practices. Applies knowledge of System policies related to HIPAA and privacy.
What you will do in this role:
1. Answers incoming calls for all Methodist Facilities, obtains necessary information and correctly transfers calls to patient rooms, nurse’s stations, or departments in accordance to System HIPAA policies.
2. Communicates necessary general overhead announcements clearly and efficiently.
3. Consistently follows established procedures to announce all Codes/STAT Calls for Methodist Facilities to address and alert responding personnel.
4. Monitors and correctly responds to life safety equipment for Facilities Management at Main Methodist and Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital.
5. Contacts on-call personnel for after hour departments (i.e. GI Lab, Cath Lab, Echo, Dialysis, etc.) in a timely manner in accordance with policies and department procedure. 6. Answers after hour phone calls for Physicians that utilize our Physicians Answering Group Exchange and communicates accurate messages in an efficient manner. Adds daily on-call to physician’s accounts.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Prefer high school diploma or GED equivalent
2. Experience: Prefer two (2) years experience in a hospital or call center environment
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: None
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Communications Operator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.