Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy with ITG - San Antonio Division you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At ITG - San Antonio Division, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the ITG - San Antonio Division family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
The Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy serves as the primary clinical ITG resource for the development, implementation, and support advanced clinical applications or complex MEDITECH tools across the division. Primary responsibilities include:
Implementation and support of division wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to advanced clinical applications and tools in their specialty area(s)
Development, execution, and support of division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives,
Facilitation and project leadership of division-wide implementations of division or
Resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk
or other division or facility service resources.
The Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy coordinates division-wide parameter management, develops education/training materials for new applications, manages validation of system upgrades' impact on advanced applications, and implements software releases and best practices related to their specialty area(s). This individual participates in the company-wide community in their specialty area(s), supports community growth within the division by establishing and growing strong relationships with all EHR Support roles and core team members, and works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team to ensure advanced clinical applications are well supported throughout the division.
• Works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team to identify and promote division goals.
• Coordinates the implementation of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities in the specialty area(s).
• Develops, executes, and supports division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives.
• Provides user support and system maintenance for advanced clinical applications for all division hospitals.
• Conducts problem analyses and timely and accurate resolution for complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources regarding advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
• Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
• Participates in root cause analysis as trends in issues in specialty area(s) are identified.
• Works with facility EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts and Division EHR Specialist Team to provide support for module updates and advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
• Coordinates division-wide testing for advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s); assists in interpretation of test plans and in troubleshooting.
• Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in clinical application specialty area(s) to support staff training and continued education.
• Provides training to division EHR Support specialists and facility EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts and super users (train the trainer) on advanced clinical applications.
• Works with the Division EHR Support Team to define clinical application reporting standards and works with facilities to implement the standards.
• Performs clinical applications report writing as needed and coordinates priorities for reporting requests with the Division Reporting Analyst and the Division EHR Support Specialist Team.
• Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices.
• Aggregates data from division-level reports and investigates discrepancies in delivered reports.
• Participates with peers in enterprise communities to identify and evaluate best practices, packaging, and promoting cross-division best practice efforts.
• Identifies, evaluates, designs, and packages division best practices, policies and procedures for clinical
application implementation and use.
• Works with facilities to manage/facilitate implementation of standards, best practices, policies, procedures, and utilization plans within a specialty area.
• Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
• Builds the division community in clinical application specialty area(s) by establishing and growing strong relationships with super users, core team members, EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts, and specialty networks across HCA Healthcare.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
• Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree - Required
Pharmacist/PharmD - Required
Seven or more years’ experience in clinical application support and/or Master's Degree
• Mature understanding of clinical operations and clinical application support processes and workflow
• Understands pertinent accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
• Demonstrated customer orientation
• Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
• Demonstrated advanced computer skills
• Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
• Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
• Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
• Customer service orientation and/or training
Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty - Preferred, if available.
Possession/Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure – Preferred
Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times.
Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel between facilities in a geographic zone may be required.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives
people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support,
and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at
administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states
and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by
seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.