This job posting is no longer active.
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR.
Designated by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 150 Best Places to work in healthcare in 2017 & 2018
The only hospital in the downtown area with a Robotic program
First facility in South Texas to perform Robotic Bariatric Switch procedures
The only hospital in San Antonio to maintain an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for 4 consecutive rating periods
12 state of the art OR suites with an average of 550 cases per month and capability to provide all services to include open heart procedures.
Great RN retention rate – Only 7% turnover rate with 9 previous residents in various roles (manager, charge nurses and circulators)
2018 CNOR designation (at least 50% of nurses are CNOR certified) - Lifelong learning is highly encouraged!
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
The Surgical Services Technician performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Consistently applies knowledge of perioperative cleaning practices and assists the perioperative patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Transports patients from unit to OR taking care to check the pre-op checklist is complete before transport.
2. Assists OR team in the setup of equipment to include transporting machines, tanks, and related peripheral supplies.
3. Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use and ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit manager.
4. Assists in the pre-operative and intra-operative positioning of patients.
5. Provides support services to staff, including running errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e. between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth operation and coordination of care for surgical services patients.
6. Performs room turnover and assists with other housekeeping functions as directed.
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- Previous PCA, nurse’s aide, or orderly experience in a healthcare setting.(preferred)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.