Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN Navigator Oncology opening with Methodist Healthcare System today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Methodist Healthcare System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
We are seeking a(an) RN Navigator Oncology for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking an RN Navigator Oncology who functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and serves as an advocate and educator for cancer patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment. The Adult Oncology Nurse Navigator’s primary function is to ensure the patient remains compliant to the treatment plan. Navigators achieve this goal by building relationships with patients and physicians, coordinating the plan of care, assisting with appointments, transportation needs, education, resource provision and/or representation within the multidisciplinary care environment. The Navigator also assumes responsibility and accountability for the management of resources to achieve efficient, high-quality outcomes for cancer patients, including support with interdisciplinary and cross-facility coverage and collaboration. The Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family; all physicians involved in with patient’s care, internal and external healthcare providers, support network members, and the wider healthcare community. This role will require collaboration with local physician liaisons and leadership to conduct internal and external outreach and marketing.
What you will do in this role:
1. Serve as patient advocate from diagnosis to end of active treatment. Assess patients’ medical, social, psychosocial, and other care needs.
2. Provide appropriate teaching, outreach, and support to patients and families. Ensure the patient is empowered to manage his/her own healthcare needs. Conduct follow-up conversations with all patients and communicate any concerns, changes, or social needs to the appropriate physician or care provider.
3. Streamline processes for patients by assisting with appointment scheduling and paperwork preparation. Attend multi-disciplinary meetings (MDM) and/or other meetings as necessary. Document throughout patient care continuum in INavigate database. Drive process improvement by collaborating with Director of Navigation Operations to determine best practices related to monthly navigation scorecard report.
4. Coach and assist patients to remove barriers related to insurance coverage, transportation, child care, finances, language, etc. so they can focus on their treatment on their treatment plan. Stay current on the latest oncology nursing developments and participate in organizational conferences. Ensure service continuity.
5. Connect patients to hospital and community resources. Conduct outreach to referrers, providers and other medical professionals as well as to the corporate customer community.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
2. Experience: Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: 1-5 years of oncology nursing experience. Experience with program development, nurse navigation and/or patient educator in Oncology.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: Current RN license in the state of Texas or current multi-state RN compact license. Employees with RN compact license status are required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90-days of hire.
2. Preferred: Certification in their specialty.
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN Navigator Oncology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.