DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital Northeast
Patient Safety Screener
Patient Care Support
FT - Nights- Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career! Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Safety Screener (PSS) who participates in high quality, patient-centered care by operating a station designed to control access of individuals that present to facility access points. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSS screens individuals to ensure the patient and staff environment is free of potential exposure to respiratory illnesses and infectious diseases. The PSS provides guidance to patients and visitors on the appropriate pathways, following established protocols. The PSS may assist with directing patients, traffic, or monitoring in remote locations.
What you will do in this role:
1. Monitors patients and other individuals entering the facility, driving into the facility parking lot, or using remote parking/waiting areas. Maintains physical presence at assigned entry point.
2. Communicates clearly using compassionate connected care model with all patients, visitors, and the general public.
3. Ensures a safe patient and staff environment by screening all entrants according to established guidelines. Utilizes approved screening methods as appropriate to the situation, including verbal screening and temperature assessment.
4. Reports any concerns with screening or entrant condition promptly.
5. Directs patients or individuals appropriately based on defined criteria.
6. Relays appropriate hand-off communication to appropriate nursing personnel or other personnel to ensure continuity of care and safe environment.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
8. Creates clear, accurate documentation as stated in CDC and facility protocols.
9. Complies with principles of hand hygiene, aseptic, and sterile technique.
10. Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
11. Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
12. Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
13. Maintains a calm demeanor.
14. Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
15. Assists in the orientation of new staff as needed.
16. Seeks opportunities to improve processes.
17. Manages supplies and personal protective equipment as needed.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Methodist Hospital Northeast has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. With over 170 beds, the hospital offers a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, vascular, neurosurgery, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures. It is home to the Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, as well as a neurosurgical program offering services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. Methodist Hospital Northeast has received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. The hospital has also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Northeast under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.