This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) RN Employee Health Occupational today with Methodist Healthcare System.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Healthcare System, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Come join our team as a(an) RN Employee Health Occupational. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Seeking an Employee Health/Occupational RN who implements and monitors Employee Health policies and procedures. Promotes personal and occupational health for Methodist Healthcare System employees and volunteers. Manages screenings and immunization programs in accordance with federal and state regulatory guidelines. Coordinates treatment for on-the-job injuries and illnesses within established policies. Works closely with department managers/directors, Infection Control, Emergency Department, Safety Department, and other such departments that have business with Employee Health.
What you will do in this role:
1. Assesses and treats, or secures treatment for employees injured on-the-job according to Employee Health and Safety Benefit Plan procedures.
2. Recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications.
3. Evaluates minor employee illnesses and non-work related injuries in accordance with system policies and procedures.
4. Provides screenings, referrals, and information related to Methodist Healthcare System Employee Health Benefits, to include the Employee Health and Safety program.
5. Floats between the Employee Health clinic and SWTMH and MSTH. Assures that system policies are practiced throughout the Employee Health clinics.
6. Monitors hospital departments for non-job-related illnesses and absences in order to detect trends and avoid exposures to communicable diseases.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
2. Experience: Two or more years of general adult ER, ICU, Medical/Surgical background.
3. Preferred Experience: Occupational /Employee Health background.
4. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations:
1. Required: Current RN license as provided by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurses. Current CPR.
2. Preferred: N/A
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of health care services in the South Texas region and enjoys the highest consumer preference share of services as measured by the National Research Corporation (NRC). Methodist has also won the San Antonio Express-News’ People’s Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times – more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties.
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN Employee Health Occupational opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.