Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
Radiology Department/Clinical Technicians
PRN - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Radiology Department department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Radiology Technician who is responsible to maintain technical skills needed to perform radiologic procedures and for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all x-ray equipment, developing images, use of the PACS system and digital equipment and preparing x-ray room
What you will do in this role:
1. The technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and adult patients.
2. Demonstrates competency in areas of general diagnostic radiography, use of digital equipment, knowledge of the PACS system, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors.
3. Responsible for the proper use of RIS, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
4. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks.
5. Accommodates inpatients or requests for urgent exams as the need arises.
6. Observant for image artifacts; clean image detectors as necessary.
7. Possess the ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
8. Obtains patient history as needed; assists radiologist during procedures, helping to put the patient at ease.
9. Advises supervisor of any equipment issues requiring service.
10. Demonstrates ability to shut down radiologic equipment and/or reboot computers.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
• Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
• Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
Experience: None required
• Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
• Current or previous experience in the hospital setting to include PACS system and digital radiology.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Must have and Maintain Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Medical Board.
2. American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification either at date of hire or within 6 months of hire date.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.