Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Assessment Referral Specialist? At Methodist Healthcare System, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Methodist Healthcare System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Assessment Referral Specialist like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking an Assessment & Referral Center (ARC) Specialist who is a member of a multi-disciplinary team and is responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments via telehealth for patients who come through the Emergency Department to determine the appropriate level of care. They respond to calls related to accessing behavioral health services including requests for information, inquiries regarding clinical needs from potential patients, their family members and care providers, and to requests for admission or transfer from internal and external facilities.
What you will do in this role:
1. Completes age-appropriate psychiatric assessments of patients in the emergency department to include making recommendations to the requesting physician concerning behavioral health needs and arranges for transfer to another facility if needed. Provides referrals for those patients who are determined not to need hospitalization and notifies the appropriate persons or referral source of disposition.
2. Demonstrates professionalism in the application of telehealth services to maintain quality care provided to the patient at the same or higher as if the service were delivered in person.
3. Completes employee psychiatric assessments to determine risk to self or others when necessary.
4. Coordinates the delivery of telepsychiatric services to the requesting physician according to established guidelines. Assures clear proactive communication between physicians to support good clinical care to the patient.
5. For the patient needing inpatient treatment verifies insurance benefits, eligibility and obtains pre certification, arranges for an attending psychiatrist for the patient.
6. Completes required documentation, which includes but is not limited to the psychiatric assessment, timely, thoroughly, and legibly.
7. Works well as a member of a multi disciplinary team maintaining effective communication with Emergency Department staff, Utilization Review Staff, Admissions Staff, Attending Psychiatrists, Inpatient Units, and all other Behavioral Health Services.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Master’s degree in social work
B. Master’s degree in psychology or related field
C. Graduate from an accredited nursing program
2. Experience: At least 2 years in acute psychiatric care
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by the service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Three (3) years experience in mental health setting, Emergency Department or crisis management
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: Has and maintains ONE of the following:
A. Licensed Registered Nurse to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas (RN)
B. Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
C. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
D. Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
E. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
RNs: Certification in psychiatric and mental health
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Assessment Referral Specialist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.