This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Accountant III opening with Methodist Healthcare System today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At Methodist Healthcare System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
We are seeking a(an) Accountant III for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking an Accountant III who is responsible for assigned month-end close journal entries, reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts, and analysis of financial results in a multi-facility environment. Must comply with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other regulations.
What you will do in this role:
1. Prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts, to include documentation to support all balances. Maintain balance sheet standards per department guidelines.
2. Prepare journal entries required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period, for assigned entities; and provide appropriate supporting documentation per department guidelines.
3. Analyze general ledger accounts and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting standards and APG’s.
4. Maintain multiple general ledgers within scope of responsibility.
5. Respond to requests for information from corporate accounting, internal and external auditors, and other internal management.
6. Maintain ongoing documentation related to corporate tax packages, and escheat filings.
7. Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
8. Assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of department accounting standards and processes.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university.
2. Experience: 2 years of progressive work experience in accounting and general financial operations.
3. Other: Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility, and department/unit. Proficiency with PC-based spreadsheet and word processing applications.
4. Preferred: Accounting or Finance experience in a healthcare environment.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: N/A
2. Preferred: N/A
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Accountant III opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.