Methodist Hospital Texsan and Methodist Hospital Specialty & Transplant
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Communications Manager you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Communications Manager where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Seeking a Facility Manager of Communications who reports to the MHS Director, Corporate Communications with a dotted line to the assigned facility CEO. The Manager, Communications supports the development and execution of annual PR and Communications plans to sync with the MHS developed paid media plan for the hospital. In addition, they drive MHS community and customer engagement to heighten MHS positive reputation within the community.
What you will do in this role:
1. Serves as advisor and lead for all marketing, PR and communications for facility.
2. Works closely with MHS AVP of Marketing and Director of Communications to design specific facility marketing and communication plans, based on MHS business objectives.
3. Works closely with Manager of Community Affairs to implement MHS outreach initiatives (such as Hope Fund, runs, walks, etc) and community partnership activities as well as design and implementation of facility Community Health Improvement Plans (CHIP).
4. Works with MHS Director, Corporate Communications to seek out hospital stories to drive positive perception of facilities, programs and people for internal efforts and for earned media efforts.
5. Responsible for management of reputation management processes and monitoring for the facility.
6. Works with Director, Creative Services to develop materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web.
7. Works with MHS marketing team to manage social media and digital communities via regular, active posts and information sharing.
Qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, English, communications, or related field.
2. Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position that required media relations and event planning. Must have 5 years (intermediate) experience in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint to include organization-wide communications for internal and external stakeholders.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Healthcare experience preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Communications Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.