This job posting is no longer active.
Methodist Hospital Northeast and Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Communications Manager? At Methodist Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At Methodist Hospital, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Communications Manager like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking a Facility Manager of Communications who reports to the MHS Director, Corporate Communications with a dotted line to the assigned facility CEO. The Manager, Communications supports the development and execution of annual PR and Communications plans to sync with the MHS developed paid media plan for the hospital. In addition, they drive MHS community and customer engagement to heighten MHS positive reputation within the community.
What you will do in this role:
1. Serves as advisor and lead for all marketing, PR and communications for facility.
2. Works closely with MHS AVP of Marketing and Director of Communications to design specific facility marketing and communication plans, based on MHS business objectives.
3. Works closely with Manager of Community Affairs to implement MHS outreach initiatives (such as Hope Fund, runs, walks, etc) and community partnership activities as well as design and implementation of facility Community Health Improvement Plans (CHIP).
4. Works with MHS Director, Corporate Communications to seek out hospital stories to drive positive perception of facilities, programs and people for internal efforts and for earned media efforts.
5. Responsible for management of reputation management processes and monitoring for the facility.
6. Works with Director, Creative Services to develop materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web.
7. Works with MHS marketing team to manage social media and digital communities via regular, active posts and information sharing.
Qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, English, communications, or related field.
2. Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position that required media relations and event planning. Must have 5 years (intermediate) experience in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint to include organization-wide communications for internal and external stakeholders.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Healthcare experience preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Communications Manager opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.