SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SIGN-ON Bonus offered!
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
ECMO Primer RN:
- Work in collaboration with highly skilled ECMO trained physicians as well as specialty trained cardiologists, intensive care physicians, and heart failure physicians
- Accurate patient information review and evaluation o Uses at least two ways to identify patients before performing procedure o Accesses the patient medical record appropriately
- Infection Prevention o Practices consistent hand hygiene o Uses personal protective equipment (PPE) o Required immunizations per Division requirements o Complies with Isolation precautions
- Preps, builds, and primes ECMO circuits o Maintains equipment in good working order
o Demonstrates effective infection control practices related to equipment operation
- Bilateral site cannulation to dual lumen cannulation o Transition to hybrid ECMO configuration o Implant of dual lumen cannula o Circuit changes, adding pigtails, and adding pressure lines o In-House Transports
- Assist physical therapy and occupational therapy
- ECMO circuit advanced troubleshooting and emergencies
- Monitor o Thrombosis o Function o Equipment failure
- Accidental decannulation
- Instruct and mentor ECMO specialist
- Annual Competency skills validation
- Complete 3 clear primes quarterly in wet labs or clinical scenarios
- Participate in at least one prime/ECMO initiation or circuit change
- Must work at least two 12 hour ECMO Specialist shifts in a six month period
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program
- Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Completion of ECMO Specialist Course
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Preferred More than 1 year of ECMO Specialist with Cardiac/Surgical ICU experience
- Preferred ECMO Primer Course
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.