SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Bone Marrow Transplant department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Pediatric Transplant Coordinator to join our Bone Marrow Transplant team who will be responsible for assessment of needs, education, and coordination of the care for pediatric BMT patients and their families required throughout the transplantation process. Communicates all aspects of the plan of care to patients, families and other members of the Transplant Team, other health care providers, and payers. Coordinates patient care from initial contact through the date of admission, and return to referring center. Works closely with BMT Search Coordinator and BMT clinic nurses.
What you will do in this role:
- Monitors patient/family before, during and after transplantation for physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial needs and intervenes when appropriate. Refers patients to members of the BMT team (chaplain, counselor, nutritionist, oncology support team, and financial advisors) as needed, and/or utilizes community resources when appropriate.
- Coordinates the patient and donor pre-admission work-up and visits. Gathers and reviews all pertinent clinical information (including past treatments and outcomes) and presents this to the transplant physician with special notes to abnormal results.
- Collaborates with direct health care providers to establish plan of care, facilitates continuity of care across departments (both in-patient and out-patient) within hospital and home health providers. Coordinates all services for BMT patients, and oversees National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) processes as needed.
- Coordinates the transfer of patient care from Blood and Marrow Transplant Program back to referring physician and is responsible for long-term follow-up, which includes but is not limited to: periodic updates on patient condition, coordinating follow-up visits with Blood and Marrow Transplant physician and referring physician, and coordinating provision of post-discharge necessary services.
- Educates patients, their families, and donors to assist understanding of the disease, and processes and procedures surrounding pre- and post-transplant issues to include: expectations during hospitalization and outpatient period, preparative chemotherapy, common side effects of transplant, etc. Acts as a resource for members of the interdisciplinary team on transplant care and protocols to promote positive outcomes for BMT patients.
- Communicates with interdisciplinary team members, patients and families, and payers in a timely manner to ensure comprehensive documentation.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.